Tuesday 28 April 2015

Metal Gear Solid 5 – The Voice of Quiet, Stefanie Joosten on Her Role in The Phantom Pain

Stefanie Joosten, the voice behind Metal Gear Solid 5’s Quiet, during an interview with Yongyea, she shared s few interesting details about her character and the game. Beginning by putting the theory that Quiet is Chico to rest.
” I was expecting it (the question), I was actually mostly really amused by this. All these theories everyone comes up with. I said it in the Japanese Kojima Station that it’s not true. It was really funny watching videos of the theory. I was like ‘Well it sounds like it could be true”
Stephany Joosten (3)
She mentions that there are many likeable characters in the game, but due to the fact that Metal Gear Solid 5 is quite dark some characters might not appeal to some. She also explained that she did not get to meet any of the other voice actors including Kiefer Sutherland as she only worked with the recordings of the actors.
“I have not personally met them, no. I have been out to LA to do the facial capture because the technology to do it is there. But yeah, I had to do it with the recordings of everyone.”
She continues to explain that Quiet’s relationship with Big Boss depends on the player as the player’s decisions affect certain elements.

“It’s very complicated. TPP will be a whole different experience for Metal Gear fans. All I can say is the relationship between Big Boss and Quiet depends on the player. It depends on their actions and their decisions. You’ll have to see for yourself.”
Stephany Joosten (1)
Joosten explains that regarding Quiet’s revealing attire, the story will explain why the sniper is wearing such clothing.
“I wasn’t expecting that kind of a reaction…a lot of controversy. When I got to see her design, I was shocked too. But everything didn’t get to hear her story yet so I can understand people are angry about it or saying she is showing too much. But I am not bothered by it.”
Stephany Joosten
Metal Gear Solid 5 launches in September for the PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. We will bring you any new information as soon as it becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment